Lock / Unlock Biometrics:-The UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India provides the 12-digit identity number which is based on the Biometric Data.Biometrics are fingerprint and iris data used for authentication.Your biometric data gives you a different identity because every people have a different fingerprint.
UIDAI also gives a facility to Lock/Unlock Biometrics to protect privacy and confidentiality of Resident’s Biometrics Data. Aadhaar Biometric Locking System provides a facility to lock & temporarily unlock their biometrics.With the help of this UIDAI facility, an Aadhaar card holder can lock his/her biometric information to avoid misuse of your E Aadhar card.
Once you locked your Biometrics data then you cant authentications your Adhar Card for any service.You can also take an help from onlineaadhar.com to Lock/Unlock Biometrics Data.
How to Lock/Unlock Biometrics –
If you want to lock/unlock your Aadhar card Biometrics then you have to follow below mention steps-
1. Step# I – First, visit the Aadhar card services page https://resident.uidai.gov.in/biometric-lock.
2. Step# II – Now you will see lock/unlock biometrics page.
3. Step# III – Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number in given fields.
4. Step# IV – Enter Security Code which is given on the page.
5. Step# V – After entering all details click on Send OTP button.
6. Step# VI – You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
7. Step# VII – Now Enter OTP in required fields which are given on the right side of the page.
8. Step# VIII – At the end, it will display a message ” Congratulation! Your Biometrics is locked. You will not be able to authenticate by using your fingerprint or iris.”
How to Unlock Biometric –
Aadhar card holder also has a facility to unlock their biometric data for Authentication services.For unlocking your biometrics, first login with Aadhar number.Once logged in, enter the security code and then click on Disable button to unlock your Biometric.You can also choose Unlock button if you want to unlock your biometric on a temporary basis.
How to Verify Your Email or Mobile Number in Aadhar –
You can also verify your Email address and Mobile number with Aadhar Card Data to know the status of your data. With the help of this UIDAI facility, you can verify your Email/Mobile no which is given by you at the time of registration should be correct or not.
So finally you get to know how to lock/unlock biometric data.If you like this Aadhar card service post then share it with others.If still have any problem then leave a message in the comment box.